Thursday, June 19, 2008

Article from My Kangaroo




From the moment my eyes set sight on the front page of Etsy I was hooked. In the last year I have learned to sew, crochet, embroider and lately make crayons. I have always been a creative person but now I have a reason to create. My Kangaroo is my second Etsy shop. I started last year with Sew Crewel to sell my embroidery but it didn’t really go anywhere. Inspired by my work as a speech language pathologist and my two girls I began my second shop, My Kangaroo in April. It took some time and hard work but it really fits me better.
I named My Kangaroo after my oldest daughter who was born premature. She was born 3 months early and weighed less than 2 pounds. We bonded in the hospital using Kangaroo Care, holding babies skin-to-skin. Today she is six and just like me, very crafty.
So far crayons have been my best sellers. It started as project I was doing with my 3 year old. We had so much fun. I thought they turned out great and wanted to share them with others. Although I spend a lot of time making crayons what I enjoy most is embroidery, knitting and sewing. I find it very relaxing. There is so much I want to do, my list of projects just keeps getting longer. Life has been a little crazy since I found Etsy, but it has also helped me focus on what is important in life and what make me happy. Thanks to all those bloggers and Etsy artists who inspire me everyday.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online