Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Interview with Inklore



1. Tell us a little more about your business and craft.
The name of my company is Inklore. I draw my own designs which I carve as blocks or linocuts. I use those blocks to decorate beautiful, practical cloth and paper goods for you, your home, and for little ones. I’m inspired by my children’s artwork, the things that grow outside my house, and the beautiful, practical things I use everyday.

2. What drives you to create?
About a year ago, my husband and I made the decision to home-school our children through a local charter school. A few months after I started doing that, I just really felt the need to do something fun and creative for myself. I had made a few block prints over the past few years to use on cards, so one day I pulled out my tools and bought some lino. I think that one of the things I love about my craft is the solitary, quiet nature of it; it’s the perfect way to relax after spending the day with my kids.

3. What is your all time favorite item that you currently sell?
Right now my favorite item is the 1-2-3 grow with me growth chart. It really turned out just the way I had pictured it, and I think it’s a perfect way to watch your kids grow.



4. Where can your items be found to purchase?
You can find all of my products in my etsy shop. www.inklore.etsy.com

5. Where do you see your business in five years?
I haven’t made it quite that far with my thoughts yet. In the next year, I would love to walk into a boutique and see an Inklore display. Right now I’m focusing on designing beautiful things. In five years, I’d love to know that those things are being loved and used by people all over the world.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online