Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sharing Booths

During these hard economic times I find the best way to continue your business plan is to attend local events to boost your local customer base but also to keep costs down try sharing a booth. Normally I am not a huge fan of booth sharing. It does cut down on the available space for showcasing your art and it can cut down on the customer flow within your booth.
If you have to choose between attending or not attending an event due to the booth fee then consider sharing a booth. It allows your art or products to be showcased at an event while you maintain a low level of booth fees. Recently I decided to share my booth with another local artisan, Erin from Knotty By Nature and I have to say it was the best sharing experience ever!

Erin arrived on time and had a great booth display ready to go. Her art was different from mine so we wouldn't be fighting over customers but similar enough to allow a variety of art enthusiasts to enter then tent to check out our wares. She creates amazing screen print art and beautifully hand crafted wooden block art. The colors were so bold and vibrant that I couldn't keep my eyes off of them.

The day was a success. Great sales, lots of customers, and a Mariachi band. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online