Monday, March 31, 2008

An Interview With Mymble's Daughter



1. Tell me a little bit about yourself and your shop.

My name is Peggy. I was born in London, England where I lived until I was 19 when I moved to Wales to go to art college. I haven't left yet and that was seven years ago!
I found Etsy through a blog in Spring 2006 and thought it would be fun to have a go at selling a few things. I started out selling little polymer clay rabbits and jointed dolls and planned to move onto prints of my artwork. One day I listed a necklace I'd made on a whim and it just spiraled from there. It's funny how things work out.

2. Why did you choose Etsy to feature your work? Do you have a website?

I loved (and still love) the way Etsy looks and feels and the low fees were very encouraging. I saw lots of other great sellers already established and it just looked like a fantastic place to be.
I do have a a website and I'm planning to expand it even more this year but I don't think I can ever see my self leaving Etsy. It's the place that made all this possible.

3. I really love your shop name. Why did you name your company this and how does it influence your buyers?

The Mymble's Daughter is a fleeting character from a Moomin Book (by Tove Jansson). I have always loved the name and the books too. I love disappearing into one when I have the chance.
I'm not sure if my name influences my buyers but people do recognize the reference from time to time. I hope it gives my shop an heirloom-ish sort of a feel to it. As if the things in it might be passed down from generation to generation.

4. What kind of products to you offer? Do you take custom orders?

At the moment I offer jewelry of all kinds. Pendants and necklaces mostly but also earrings, brooches, rings and bobby pins. I also have an ever-growing range of bookplates. Oh, and I'm happy to take on custom orders too.

5. Where would you like to see your shop in 5 years?

In five years I'd like to still be on Etsy just bigger and better. I'd still love to introduce prints of my artwork too :)

Interview with Mymble's Daughter copyright March 30, 2008

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online