Monday, August 25, 2008

Interview with Baby Cheeks


Tell us a little more about your business and craft.
Babycheeks is a fresh, new on-line boutique specializing in fun, fashionable but practical clothing and accessories for babies and toddlers. My shop has everything from baby shower gifts sure to impress like gift sets, bibs and burp clothes to t-shirts and embellished jeans for cool moms seeking to outfit their trendy tots. All the materials used in my products not only must be unique and stylish, but they must be durable, safe and withstand multiple washings in tact too.

While I’ve always had a creative side to me (drawing, painting mostly), I’m not one of those I’ve-been-sewing-since-my-grandma/mom-taught-me-when-I-was-six people. For most of my life I have been developing my talents in the business world as a consumer products marketing manager and juvenile product designer. In fact, I had sort of been ignoring my creative side until several months ago, when I was looking for something unique for my toddler to wear to a family party. When I couldn’t find what I wanted, I bought a sewing machine, book on sewing, fabric and some supplies and got to work. Not long after, babycheeks was born. The great thing about babycheeks is that I finally no longer feel torn between creative pursuits and business endeavors! I get to do it all—create and design new products, marketing and even run financial statements!

2. What drives you to create?
Years and years of ignored, pent-up creative energy (and coffee).

3. What is your all time favorite item that you currently sell?

Some of my favorites are the girlie collections—-What A Doll, For the Birds, We’ll Always Have Paris and Daddy Buy Me a Pony.

4. Where can your items be found to purchase?
http://www.babycheeks.etsy.com
http://www.shopbabycheeks.blogspot.com

5. Where do you see your business in five years?

I’d like to be doing wholesale opportunities and have been featured in some great mommy and baby national magazines/press.

PROMOTION: save 20% on any in-stock onesie* when you mention the code PUNKIN in the notes section of your order. *excludes custom orders and shipping Expires 8/31/08

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online