Friday, September 19, 2008

In Their Own Words - Moore Magnets



My name is April, and I am owner/creator/crafter of MooreMagnets. I have always enjoyed crafting, although it was out of necessity for most of my life. My mom was a single parent and we were always buying scratch and dent, designer and non designer clothes that were torn and had holes, and all sorts of second hand things. So very early in my life I became crafty about making worn out and broken things look new again. I also became pretty frugal, and I still am today. I really enjoy sewing, woodworking, taking things apart and putting them back together, and painting. It is a real menagerie, and I think MooreMagnets combines all of those things.
MooreMagnets began as a result of trying to decorate my sons' room, my husband and I have 3 boys and they were all in the same room at the time, and I started building pieces that would organize all of their stuff. It was quite a challenge having such little space and money to work with. At the time our youngest was 2, and I just couldn't conceive putting a cork board with push pins in their room. I started looking for alternatives. I tried ribbon boards, but they drove me crazy when pictures were bent, and they were a challenge for my son to put pictures on. Then I saw some magnet boards and thought that would be a perfect solution, but everything was so drab and sterile. So, I dusted off my tools and got to work. What I am making now is far different from the boards that I first made, but I am happy with how they have evolved.
I am offering 15% off any purchase of $20 or more (discount doesn’t apply to shipping), please put “punkin blog” in the message to seller and I will refund from paypal, or send me a note before your purchase and I will adjust the price for you.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online